Sunday, December 16, 2007


"Where are we going?" asked the man.
"You will see soon enough" answered the angel.
Down, down, down they flew
slowly retreating from the night and into
the village below.
After quite a while the man said to the angel:
"I really don't understand and I am terribly busy"
"If you don't understand this your mission is shallow and pointless"
the angel replied.
Soon enough they touched down outside what appeared to be an insignificant stable
lit by a small fire and a torch.
The man turned to the angel, his face full of questions
"Before we go inside" he said finally with a hint of impatience in his voice,
"tell me, who will look after the sleigh and the reindeer?"


5 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

You got me with that one! I was totally taken by surprise. Excellent!! Really really excellent. I get it. I do.

11:38 pm  
Blogger Candy said...

Oh, and thank you, Geoff. Merry Christmas.

11:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was very good. I wonder if the old man with the reindeer get's it yet?

2:16 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really don't think so mate.. don't think he ever will!

3:34 pm  
Blogger story takes time said...

Oh, that was precious.

6:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home