Wednesday, September 19, 2007


Nothing makes the afternoon more pleasant
than a pot of tea
and a bottle of sparkling mineral water.
I can spend hours in my favourite cafe,
sitting in the dappled sunlight,
watching the world go by

quietly sipping this most noble brew
accompanied by my favourite
lightly sparkling Italian mineral water.
If ever we have the chance to share
the crisp golden light of a long afternoon
be sure to allow enough time
for a pot or two,
fine china
preferably,
a cup and saucer
and never, ever anything but
leaf tea.
There is nothing better
and it is so good for the soul.

8 Comments:

Blogger bilbo said...

chai all the way. spice it up!

7:49 pm  
Blogger story takes time said...

Long black in an outdoor cafe with sea views. In Darwin it's called The Cornucopia.

8:00 pm  
Blogger Janet McKinney said...

There is a china tea pot and cups at my place anytime you want a cuppa tea Geoff. I agree - nothing nicer than making up a pot of tea and sharing it with a friend

Janet McKinney

7:03 am  
Blogger Candy said...

Sounds divine. Wish I were there right now.

8:35 am  
Blogger story takes time said...

BTW Geoff, I've got a photo that you might like to use for some of those darker moments but neither of your contacts addresses are working.

5:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love my cuppa.... and you're all invited
Yeggy, my email is geoffbullock@bigpond.com

5:52 pm  
Blogger Deb Porter said...

This struck a chord with all the tea addicts. :-) For me, just give me a peaceful water view, my hubby, and nothing to do but enjoy. Bliss! Have a cup for me next time, Geoff.

Deb

10:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it about a cuppa?
Like a soft drug of dependence... I fully relate to the comfort it brings.
But I also love your image for this post. It reminds me of 'everyday spirituality' that a friend of mine talked about in my youth - and still talks about today (http://simoncareyholt.typepad.com).
Thanks for continuing to share your journey.

8:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home