Tuesday, September 11, 2007



my mind is overflowing with questions.
once upon a time I would have chased them away
but now I welcome them.
The more I seek answers
the more answers I'll find
I do not want my faith to lie lazily in a Sunday pew
I cannot bring myself to rise up in moral outrage,
I am far to flawed for that.
all in all my hope clings to a tenuous trust
in spiritual reality,
a reality that reaches
my darkest moments
and my frailest fears.
This is the God I seek.
One who will wrestle with my doubts,
revealing himself outside my expectations,
challenging all I hold dear
confronting my religious heart.


3 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

This is so interesting. My husband and I were just having this exact conversation. He's very much questioning and I don't want my faith to lie lazily but I want to KNOW. I want God to reveal Himself far outside my expectations. I want to see Him. I want to hear Him. I want to know it is Him. I want to know who He is. Religion aside.

1:01 pm  
Blogger Sue said...

I've had plenty of confrontation with my religious heart lately ... and it's even uglier than I thought :( Blergh. Burn it away, Papa.

2:33 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Candy.. how appropriate.. very interesting. Yes, knowing for ourselves apart from the influence of others, simply our own personal revelation... this to me is the essence of Jesus that you find in the Gospels.. he meet with broken people as individuals and to each one he reveals himself in an individual way. They had there own personal revelation. God came out of eternity just to reveal himself to them! Amazing!
Sue.. absolutely amen
I wrote a new post that I had to ask for permission for the photo, it is now below this post.
Thanks

4:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home