Friday, August 31, 2007




I tried to stand tall,
stretching as high as I could,
gathering all that I had
into one bright light,
holding it aloft
for all to see.
Perhaps,
if I tried with all my might,
I could be a beacon,
a lighthouse or
a spotlight,
but,
no matter how hard I tried,
all that I had
was the brightness of my shining,
a fading, failing brightness.

It wasn't until I had
stepped down from the pedestal
of my own making
that I realised
I was bathed in your shining.
My brightness was now
a simple refection,
the pedestal,
gone.



4 Comments:

Blogger Janet McKinney said...

Wow Geoff - I am presuming a tribute to the lunar eclipse - and some great thoughts. Oh so true

Janet McKinney

6:52 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes Janet, this was inspired by both the eclipse and another blog that I contribute to. Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate your comments.

10:45 am  
Blogger Candy said...

I tried to comment on this over at wild grace but it didn't show up. What I wanted to say was how incredibly relieved I am that I don't have to provide the light but just reflect it. That takes a lot of pressure off of me and that is an extremely good thing.

11:49 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is entirely wondrous when we discover that God has completed us in Christ, he expects nothing else of us. We can take all that we are and all that we are not and place it all in Christ. I have faced many sad failures in life and all I can hope for, all I can trust is to be simply in Christ.

1:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home