Tuesday, August 21, 2007


"Faith"

Faith...
the frail and broken kind,
the flawed and tattered faith
of humankind.

a failing faith,
a faltering faith
a faith that's weak
a faith that errs
a faith that stumbles
a faith that falls
a faith that has more questions
than it has answers.

There is a faith
that is seen in faithfulness
a faith incarnate
a faith that endures.
This faith
holds and heals,
it 'knows' and feels
it is not reliant
on who I am
what I do
or say.

A faith that lifts me up
when I am marred by life,
a faith that stands beside me
when I am scarred by strife
a faith that shines hope on a
hopeless mess
a faith that doesn't wait
until I confess.

Heaven's hope
faith in the fire
a light in the storm
complete and entire
let me place my trust
in this faith that
finds me
as I was, as I am
and as I will ever be
the all that I am
and the all that I'm not.
I place my frail faith
in the faithfulness of God.


8 Comments:

Blogger gracie said...

So true.. and encouraging. Your faith is a light for others, Geoff.

3:56 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

It feels quite dark from where I see it Gracie, but thanks for your kind words

5:17 pm  
Blogger Sue said...

Light shining in the darkness and all that kind of thing, dude - funny how sometimes it's impossible to see God in ourselves when it's so clear to others. Weird, huh.

10:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Sue... you are right, of course. There is always a light in the darkness, just sometimes it is very hard to find the peace of mind to see it.

11:08 am  
Blogger story takes time said...

Frail faith. I like that, Geoff. Sort of I believe, help my unbelief.
Many years ago my family suffered badly at the hands of Christians who should have known better. One night I lay in bed thinking that if God is the God of order and not chaos, how come He has bought so much chaos into my life. And as drifted off to sleep I had this feeling that when I woke up in the morning I might no longer be a child of God. I could feel myself falling and as I looked down, there were hands, raised up, ready to catch me.
Thank you for showing your pain, for being vulnerable and real.

10:42 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeggy, I can relate to your experience. Throughout my up and downs I have begun to realise that it is not the good that I do, or that is done to me, but how God helps us through the bad.This is where hope rises triumphant in spite of it being weighed down with so much of life's junk.

9:44 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

ps: I love composting!

9:45 am  
Blogger story takes time said...

Oh, for a moment I thought you said composing. lol.

It was my fervent parayer that our sons, then in early primary school, as they saw the pain we were in - especially their dad - would still grow to be men who loved God and live for Him. And they do. :-)

Really bad expression....

My fav quote for this week: M W Smith, 'Paul was like a musician who gives no thought to audience approval, if he can only catch a look of approval from his conductor.'

5:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home