Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Who do I believe in
and what need I do?
Can I believe without the evidence
that every word agrees
and every miracle is proved?
Must my prayers be triumphant
and I be pure
before my hopes be true?

Need my faith stand without
support for my frail and doubting humanity?
Am I able to receive
without working for worthiness
allowing my troubled soul to be adored by You,
the One who hears my heartcry?
Can I rest in Your love, and,
letting go of my expectations,
simply allow You to be?
Am I able to believe in You
as you are,
giving you the right of revelation
without interpretations of my own?
And,
can I answer every question with one word;
Grace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just lovely.

. . .I wish I could truly understand that word...

Geoff, do you believe that you need to go through some major trauma in your life to really understand God's grace?

Percy.

9:56 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I find that the best way to sense the need of grace is to place your self before Pilate, Barabus and Jesus. Who would you choose? To chose Jesus you would have to go against the opinions of your religion, your King and the representative of Rome. This is a huge ask. Then ask yourself, is Jesus association with prostitutes,publicans and sinners simply too much for you? Think of the Roman Centurion in Capernaum, the prostitute in Simon the Pharisees house, John the Baptist's doubt and you have enough doubt yourself to choose Barabus. I think all of us would have chosen Barabus because Jesus, at the time, was far to "un-Messiah like". We just couldn't be sure. This is what the human race has been forgiven of. We constantly chose Barabus, and Jesus constantly prayers of us: "Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing". A simple meditation on this leaves me in awe of grace.

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home