Wednesday, August 01, 2007


Lord,
help me see beyond
my fears
and weaknesses.
Plant deep inside my soul
the heights that you would have me climb

and in every impossibility
remind me that you will go before me.


Lord,
help me to trust your faithfulness
in the midst of the desert.
Even in the silence

let their be a flickering flame of hope
that would challenge fearful heart.

Lord,
when I start to judge
those who judge me

help me see their feet in your hands,
their name of your lips
and
your spirit
within their heart.


4 Comments:

Blogger Janet McKinney said...

Geoff

I saw your pain in Signposts this week. Thank you for this reminder that the issue is not so much those who hurt us, but our response to that hurt.

Pray that you will continue to discover the height and depth of God's love and grace - and the reality of how it touches our deepest needs.

Bless you - and thank you for just being you...

Janet McKinney

6:19 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much Janet. I appreciate your kind words,and thank you for visiting my blog. Having a public 'name' is really quite hard is it gives people permission to stand back and judge without realising that there is flesh and blood here, and that the things that are said do hurt. Some would say that I should be used to it by now.. but to remain malleable means that you don't build defences. Take care Janet. Do call again!!

11:23 am  
Blogger Pete Still said...

Geoff, Stumbled across your blog, great to see you still using your creative talents now with a focus on brokenness & receovery.

I have myself started to embard on my path of healing in my own life, your songs aad writing are great, words for the soul.

All the best as you travelthe road of brokennes that is not often travelled yet rewarding.
Peter

9:32 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Pete. The one thing about brokenness is that you become intimately acquainted with grace. Please keep visiting and thank you so much for leaving a comment
Geoff

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home