Monday, June 25, 2007


Lord
let your peace
wrap my mind
with hope
for the darkness
has descended
and my soul
cries out.

Whatever lies behind
is of no account,
and the future lies unformed
and nameless
before me.
somewhere, somehow,
there will be answers
but today
I am scared and quite alone.

You hold my eternity.
you see my life's span.
history bears witness
to faith's survival,
even in the face of hopelessness.
when all is summed up and packed away
you are not found distant or remote.
so I draw my comfort
from a heavenfull of witnesses.

I will continue to wait,
whether faithful
or faithless,
for I cannot summon heaven,
only heaven can summon me.
the miracle now is my surprised hope
in your intervention.

In spite of my fear,
the struggles of my heart
will continue to hope,
even in the midst of
this darkness.

whilst flickering and splutteringthis little candle refuses to die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home