Thursday, June 14, 2007

A father's prayer

I hear your pain
but I cannot carry the hurt
your anger has found it's mark
however the rage is yours.
I would take it all
if I could
but that would deny you
your journey.
you wish me to be,
but I simply am not.
acceptance may be hard
for both of us
but the truth is all we have.
bone of my bone
flesh of my flesh,
my dear child
I too am hurting
for I am also a child within
still growing
still changing
trying to grapple
with the all of life
that is uncontained and restless,
flawed and failed.
I can only show you
how to deal with the wrongs
for the right always escapes
into the land
where perfection lives.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to have found you Geoff. I was a big fan back in the 90's and many of your songs are the theme to some special times in my life.

I've just looked through your blog and found your new lyrics - I like them, and your explanation (couldn't quite get the old ones out of my head when I tried to sing them though!).

Beautiful pictures on your site - are you the photographer? What is a 'professional pirate'??

You're bookmarked in my 'favourites' now so keep posting! Great to have you back in the public arena.

Kind regards,

MissyP.

12:02 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks heaps for stopping by MissyP. Yes they are my photographs and the pro pirate bit is simply my rather crazy humour!!

4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home