Monday, September 27, 2010

Far above.

I am a tech faddist. I am amazed at the rapid changes in technology as we accelerate into the 21st Century.

I am writing this entry at 35,000 feet on my way home from a concert and seminar in Ballina NSW.

I am not sure how to write this. I do not want to sound like some kind of fundamentalist looking for any way to criticize and alarm.

Tucked into the seat pocket was a little brochure for a Christian event. It promised all kind of encounters and empowerments. I read through briefly until I noticed one thing. One thing that bothered me without knowing how to react. Mission statements, vision statements, seminar programs... It brought back memories from my "Hillsong" days.. I wrote so many introductions and the like for the many years that I convened the annual "Hillsong" conference....and so I read with a sense of identification, until I noticed one thing. Jesus was not mentioned. Not once.

That's sad. That's confusing, and, yes, I find it very sad.

There's nothing more that I wish to say. I have questions but I am really not wanting to have an opinion.

I simply wonder why?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home