Thursday, September 23, 2010

What moves me.

So many years, so many challenges. The highs, the lows, the days of strivings and the days of peaceful acceptance.

So much has changed. I have oh so slowly gained insight. What a precious gift. What has changed? Has this insight changed me from the inside out? No. However what is has changed is my knowledge of myself. I am learning to define my thoughts into what is helpful and what is hurtful. Perhaps I see this far more in retrospect than as an advance warning but the lessons are precious and the ability to put things right are no doubt precious for those around me.

How have I come to this understanding? It seems that i have slowly begun to have surrendered to God's love for me......a love that is so blindingly evident in the life of Jesus that find myself constantly caught reflective amazement. In this surrender I am caught up in his acceptance of me, an acceptance that went beyond death, it is an acceptance that finds me, arrogant, self serving and willful yelling the name of Barrabus with the rest of a religious mob. You may find this alarming, however, to all around him at the time, Jesus was ultimately a disappointment. There was no protest at his trial. All who loved him were silent. Jesus steadfastly refused to be the Messiah that every lobbyist in his followers needed him to be. When they were given the choice of demanding Jesus be released they were give the horrid choice of denying their faith..the High Priest was demanding Jesus execution...they had to abandon their nationality...Herod had joined with the High Priest...and finally, horror of horrors, they had to make Rome their enemy...Pilate had washed his hands of this horrid travesty of justice.

I know that I am simply not that sure or that brave.

I am sorry if I have offended you.

Accepting who I am when I stoop to my lowest gives me the courage to embrace honesty and set about learning to be accountable to my thoughts and actions. I am empowered by love to begin a journey of love, his love for me begins it's journey in me. I can embrace all that God has embraced in me.....my darkest most horrid places buried deep within the secrets of my soul. In accepting this extravagant grace, this extraordinary love, I begin the journey towards becoming loving....and so it is with grace, mercy, acceptance, forgiveness...these healing words, eternal words, become agents of transformation as they slowly begin their work in all that I am...all that I hide, all that I justify and all that I avoid.

My thoughts a free to bring into the light of this love. Everything is challenged.....my bigotry, my fears, my justifications..nothing is spared.

How wonderful. I am free.... And I begin to free my world...thought by thought...action by action.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 Comments:

Anonymous Israel Anderson said...

It is Tishri 15 on the Hebrew calendar, the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles, the actual day 2010 years ago that Yeshua bar Joseph (Jesus) was born in Bethlehem, John 1:14. Merry Christmas Geoff!

1:48 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bless you heaps Israel... grace to you.

Geoff

8:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home