Tuesday, April 06, 2010


Please be my God.
rewarding my best,
calling me worthy
as I pass every test.

Please be my God,
shielding your eyes
we sing our sweet anthems
and claim victor's prize.

Please be my God
as I justify hate
and fight for my rights
for righteousness sake.

Don't show me the scars
our nails and our spear
whilst pleading forgiveness
we're refusing to hear
the cry of the outcast
the misfits who dare
we seem to have forgotten
that we placed you there.

When we, proud in spirit,
take guard at the doors
you break open heaven
you welcome the poor,
and when we, exhausted,
from the "good" that we do,
you love every dark soul
and usher us through.


A Friday, a Sunday
that challenge our lies
we will simply return
to being deaf, dumb and blind.

Simply be Jesus,
don't let my will win
let me see with eyes open
just where love begins

Forgiveness,
mercy,
hope,
love.....


4 Comments:

Blogger Peter Stone said...

A Friday and a Sunday that challenged all of our mis-preconceptions, that taught us what Matthew 9:13 means; "But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Thanks for the reminder to keep this in mind, forgiveness and mercy lead to hope and love.

12:14 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

God bless you Peter, those two days are the foundation of everything concerning God and mankind.

10:40 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Geoff, for these words. Especially, "Simply be Jesus"

1:03 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Gerry... actually I forgot that I had written this piece... I've printed it and saved it.. I think I will use it in my seminars and concerts. Thanks for your encouragement!

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home