Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"What am I optimistic about?"

I am optimistic about the reality of grace. Grace that gently grows hope in
the midst of our hopelessness. Grace is bigger than our religions, our
cultures of faith, our services and our sermons. For me, grace was only
fully understood when the spotlight was out and my hope had gone. To find
myself having grown from that place, full of wonderment and amazement, is my
constant source of inspiration. Yes, the lights do go out. Yes, there are
struggles and times where I loose all sense of hope, but, somehow, there is
an awareness of grace that goes beyond me and my situations and I find
myself held by faithfulness, a faithfulness that graces me, a grace that is
faithful.

2 Comments:

Blogger emilyclare said...

Amen Geoff,
It is a blessing to read your words and soulful reflections. I often get frustrated at how God's grace is sometimes overlooked or undervalued. Yet you speak of it with truthful abandon.

I am reminded by your words of Romans 5,
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

Blessings,
Emily

4:45 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bless you heaps Emily. I really appreciate that you have taken the time to seek out my little blog of inconsistent posts. I appreciate even more your kind and encouraging words.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a New Year full of grace, peace and love.

10:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home