Saturday, September 25, 2010

Love

I was speaking at a seminar this morning. I was reflecting on the outrageous generosity of God's love especially when viewed at the cross. I am amazed at Jesus' determination to love without borders, to love without exclusion, to love unconditionally and to love universally. This love never ceases to inspire me. It redefines all that we would ever think about deity. It redefines all that we could ever think about love. No matter how frail, fallen and imperfect we are, no matter how great the crime or callous the criminal the love of God at the cross overwhelms us with it's perfection and it's perseverance. I am a captive to this love. It's perfection, bathed in the blood and dying pleas of Jesus, is simply too great to comprehend. I need grace to accept this.. I am unable to apply it to myself with my own works.

How could we ever ask God for more? There is no end to this love. It extends from beyond the universe making it's goal the human heart. My heart. Your heart. The life of Jesus is God's journey to meet with you and me. This a personal pilgrimage. Too wondrous for words. I am swept away with the enormity of this. I am accepted. I am graced. I am forgiven. I am free. God's love has found it's mark in me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home