Monday, November 01, 2010

Can you hear?


I can hear the world outside,
the windows are open
and the day has begun it's endless, restless chatter.
A dog, barking alone
yowling cats
the sprinkle of rain
on the tin,
traffic,
the groan of buses,
trucks and cars.
the wind,
the trees,
birds,
life with it's sounds
and it's noise.

inside?
inside there is peace,
stillness
even when I hear my own familiar voice,
nattering away.
Inside?
my heart is quiet,
rest
and home.

I am graced.
I am loved.
I am under the deluge
of an extraordinary gift.
Wrapped in flesh,
he appeared,
unannounced ,
almost entirely unrecognisable.
Laughing,
smiling,
bleeding,
dying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet McKinney said...

Ohhh - I love this one.

12:37 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Janet, it's a very peaceful day here.
Hope you are well,
Geoff

12:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home