Saturday, October 16, 2010

Surrender



Surrender.
Not the noble kind
that lays down will
and ambition.
Not the act
of a spiritual man
determined to climb heaven's ladders
as a solitary statement
of piety, purpose
and discipline.

my surrender
is the broken kind
where my weak and failed attempts
find me falling,
falling,
cast down
hopeless.
no manner of piety, purpose
or discipline
can heal this soul
for I am past the point
of no return.

surrender,
where Grace and Love
lay down their crown,
where Life Itself
comes to carry
my exhausted soul
beyond the ladders of man,
beyond the strong,
a triumph for the weak
where death meets my dying
with a transformation
to Light
and Life.

I surrender
to Surrender.

2 Comments:

Blogger textilefiend said...

Geoff, your writing is very restoring for me at this time - thanks so much for putting your own vulnerability out there for our encouragement. Janet

1:28 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

And so it is for me.
Bless you heaps Janet
Geoff

11:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home