Monday, October 18, 2010

The Cross


My head spins,
my mind is racing,
my limbs tremble
my hands they shake.

my guilt overwhelms me
in sorry and shame,
my lips plead remorse,
my mouth cries
"have mercy"

and then I lift my head.
my eyes fill with tears,
my thoughts reel at the sight.

his eyes, his eyes.
no anger,
or judgment,
no accusation,
or regret.
his eyes,
they pierce my soul,
far deeper than the place
where my guilt resides.
his eyes pierce me.
this is raw love
stronger and deeper,
wilder
than the eternity of all creation.
his eyes,
I am caught in this embrace
of death and life.
I am loved.

My head spins,
my mind is racing,
my limbs tremble,
my hands they shake.

my guilt is overwhelmed
and my sorry, and my shame,
my lips shout "forgiven"
my mouth cries
"mercy"

My heart sings "loved".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Steph said...

Surrender by default - strange that such a concept could be so encouraging. Relief that it is so. Empty hands, empty words -
I have been striving for death to self for years - what pride that I thought I could achieve it myself. What love that brings us to the place of knowing that it is only He who can achieve this in our lives.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts :>)

8:01 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bless you Steph, I so appreciate that you took the time to let me know that I am making sense.

2:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home