Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I wish, I wish, I wish

I believe we must take the courageous step and start teaching each other to become personally responsible for our own spirituality and the way it is outworked in our lives. Church, pastors, preaching, praise and worship,(especially), and Christian culture must withdraw from framing how we see Jesus and how the world sees him through us as individuals not as corporations. I wish we could silence our works, our words and our songs within these unnecessary four walls, I wish we could stop treating our faith like a sporting match between the winners and the losers, I wish we could expose extra-biblical nonsense . I wish we could look deep into our own lives, I wish we could look deep into the lives of others, I wish, I wish, I wish we could discover the love that reveals our brokeness and then helps us to heal ever so slowly. Perhaps then we could become "useful" to our brothers and sisters who are just as blind as we are, who are also longing for an awakening of hope, love and light

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post!

"I wish we could look deep into our own lives". I find this scary...but necessary.

1:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

We must connect with the world around us, not with arrogant shallow bible quoting but with the desire to connect, to understand, to empathise and to reconcile. This was Jesus mission, this, by and large, is not the expression of Churchianity/Christianity today.

5:01 pm  
Anonymous Lyn McSweeney said...

I WISH TOO!

1:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home