Sunday, February 12, 2012

Walking quietly

And so the lights have begun to dim,
the lid is closed,
the instrument, put away.
There are other paths to walk,
other hills to climb,
there are more words that I can say,
other "songs" that must be lived.
If I don't stand,
I will be swept away by this
cruel and heartless tide,
so stand I will,
to begin the walk towards home,
a place I have always longed to be,
if only I could muster the courage.
I have tried to reason,
I have tried to persuade,
but so many hearts are heartless,
justified by words that are chosen to condemn,
by book, chapter and verse,
words that have always spoken of love
if you drained the law from their pages.
Perhaps I could dare one small prayer:
let us all look bravely into the reflection
of our true selves,
let us see grace and forgiveness,
may it pierce our hearts,
until we become grace givers.
This is nothing more,
there is nothing less.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Steph said...

It takes a life of some suffering to come to this conclusion - but how do we find the way home? Sometimes our grace and forgiveness is rejected. Perhaps that is how we share in the Lord's suffering.

8:48 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Steph,
Thanks for your comment.
I have come to the conclusion that I have no answers, and I am not sure if there are any or where I should go to find them.
I hope that "hope" is a reality, and that we dare carried home. If not, I simply don't have the strength any more.

9:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home