Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The mission of compassion

It occurs to me that Christianity is having a crisis of compassion. Until we search for the heart of Jesus, his spirit, his desperate mission of love we will retreat to arguing about opinions regarding book, chapter and verse.

Jesus came to our angry planet on a mission of reconciliation. Every encounter that you will find in the Gospels shows us a love that is beyond us, a love that challenges us to lay aside our petty differences and to embark on the journey of becoming loving, a love that comes to rejoin us to each other and to enjoin us to God almighty. I have read so many comments that show an abandonment to the message of Christ and an embracing of a heartless message that can in no way be called a Gospel. Unless we are know by our love then what are we known for? Please, stop your anger and call each one you judge a son or a daughter for this is what Jesus has called you.

I am not wishing to argue, I am not in a mood for a fight, I am simply calling you to a higher place where you and I will find the peace of reconciliation that is born on the wings of a love that humbles us and ennobles us.

2 Comments:

Blogger mogman said...

Spot on, Geoff! It is something I have been thinking about lately and it saddens me to see a lack of compassion in the heart of the those who claim Him. Correct doctrine without the heart of Jesus is dead.

8:51 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

All we have is grace to anchor our civilisation to love. I'm saddened how Christians have totally forgotten to love.

4:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home