Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I have seen your face,
your hollowed eyes,
desperate pleas,
as all around you
the show goes on.
You lift your hands,
listlessly
as we have told you,
time and time again:
"God is here!"
"God is in the house tonight"
I have watched
as you have waited for the miracles
the words,
the prayers
the preaching.
And the tears,
tears of disappointment
as God yet again has failed to know
your address.
He has missed you,
you are sure,
for all,
all who are around you
are lost in him.
I wished I could sing
your song,
for I know your lyric,
I know your melody.
but now,
you are making your way,
with your fears,
your doubts,
faithless,
your needs
hanging like an anchor
around your soul.
You come again
to the front, for prayer,
You have come
again, again, again,
pointlessly, ashamedly,
disappointed, confused
alone....
again.
Your pockets have been emptied
into the offering of conditionality,
your days have been poured into
someone else's promise.
again...
again..
I have stood behind my piano,
in the spotlight,
I can only play one melody,
this melody is yours
and mine.
whilst,
all around us
is power and glory
and promise
and all those words,
those eloquent words
that separate preacher
from you,
and me.
All of my instincts has wanted
to hold you with disappointments that are
streaming as tears.
We sing the same song.
we know the same words,
we know the tune.
I have seen you.
I see my eyes in your fears.
In my darkest moment I see you,
My heart beats to yours,
we know the sad and lonely stretch,
that leads back from the prayers
the power,
then promises.
We walk back,
as poor,
failed,
flawed,
we walk back
"Into the Kingdom"

"Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven"

Heaven sings our songs.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder how Jesus knew me and could promise to be there for me. I cling to His promises, and when I can't hold on, I cry out for him to keep holding me. I am truly glad He won't let me go.

9:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have forgotten how to "cling" on to God. I am constantly overwhelmed how God continually holds on to me. He will never, ever let you go. It is a promise that you never need to ask for.

4:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home