Sunday, April 17, 2011

I have

Have you seen the tears?
I have.
The pleadings,
The yearnings,
Desperate prayers,
Heartache,
They have gathered at my feet,
I played the sweet music,
Spiritual notes
Calling them forward,
Their broken hearts
Hoping,
Beyond heart,
A touch,
A moment,
Divine bliss
And blessing..
I have felt the hopeful urge
To come,
To make the way,
Down,
Forward,
Still standing at the front
For all to see,
They make their plea.
Their eyes
Reddened with the tears of pain,
I'm in D major, hoping that
The little that I do
Is enough.
We are frail aren't we?
You, my dear saviour,
Are a whisper,
A gentleness,
You move ,
Row to row,
Soul to soul,
Tragedy and heartache,
Faithless to woe.
You, oh God,
You....
You don't need my D Major,
You don't need our relentless shuffling forward,
You have come,
You are always far beyond our disappointments,
For we are the treasures of your grace.
Somehow,
In the midst of eternity,
We are the proof of your grace.
How wondrous is that....Oh God...
We are You in us in You.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 Comments:

Blogger textilefiend said...

Wow, Geoff, amazing to think of all those calls for ministry you must have seen. Thanks for sharing from your viewpoints.

7:37 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, but oh so many broken promises, so many false prophecies, so much striving for grace that overwhelming searches for us.

7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home