Tuesday, November 11, 2008


we pen our songs of undying love
pledging our lives in faithful service
yet we miss the miracle
of your love and service
for us.
where is the miracle in my love for you?
what is the extravagance of my heart
compared to the universe
and even beyond?
All in all, it still fails to contain you.
we pray for the miraculous
whilst blind to eternity
washing our feet.
You can walk on the water
and still the storm,
you can heal the sick
and raise the dead to life
but all this is a trifle
compared to your love
inside my heart.
Your love for me
is the wonder of the cosmos.
It is the hope between my every breath
and it is all too wonderful
for words.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very beautiful. your words may not contain it, but they are a powerful symbol of it nonetheless.

8:50 am  
Blogger Candy said...

I agree Janine. The thought of eternity washing my feet sends chills up my spine. This poem gave me cause to tremble Geoff.

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home