Saturday, November 01, 2008



we live with the eternal
existing whilst earth bound,
waking with our senses
fixed firmly to the ground.

the heavens stretch above us
if we dare to change our view
we may catch a glimpse of fullness
as we pause a second or two.

but restless are our struggles,
we wrestle with this dust
that marks our day to dayness
"obligations", "should" and "must".

to walk this life so tethered
the finite that we share,
deaf to words that ageless
beckon us to care,

our souls, no wonder, weary
leave hearts to set in stone
we wander through our twilight
scared, withdrawn, alone.

I will loose my rigid seeing
from steps that I could take
and choose another aspect
my senses to awake

untangled from the finite
liberated from dulled time,
I shall see the sky above me
surreal, sublime, surprised.



so let the will of grace, mercy, love and life be done on this earth
as it has always been;
above, below and around us all.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geoff, I have read, with much interest, your choruses that don't 'strike the right chord' (Journey, Nov 2008). I enjoy your lyric changes recently made after your return to worship music. We sang the new version on Sunday (Cleveland Uniting) and found the changes you had made to the song to be alive and reflective.

Don't let your 'down time' be anything other than a lesson in humanity. We are all sinners. I know that when people built us up, the fall from grace hurts so much more. God loves you. What else can give you such a survival message. Cling to it. Re-focus. Go for the next challenge with God's word giving you strength of character.

We love your music. You have used God's gifts well.

Cheers, Jill Marley,
Uniting Church,
Cleveland.

7:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geoff, my previous comments didn't mention a couple of things. I also have a son called Tim and a son called David! What great taste. They are both uni students now.

I am also a person who has a failed marriage. Although we have been apart now for eleven years, I count my ex as a reliable friend and a wonderful father to my Tim and David.

The Lord has kept me busy with my job as a TAFE teacher, and has blessed me leading the Bible study with the youth at our Church for some years. I have just handed over the reigns to two of my students (as we should do) but, through compiling these studies over all those years, God showed me how to be strong and it made me concentrate on Bible study more. Life's great now!

jillmarley@aapt.net.au

8:02 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Jill,
Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I really appreciate it. By the way, I am glad you liked the article.
Blessings
Geoff

10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home