Thursday, November 27, 2008

Who do I believe in
and what need I do?
Can I believe without the evidence
that every word agrees
and every miracle is proved?
Must my prayers be triumphant
and I be pure
before my hopes be true?

Need my faith stand without
support for my frail and doubting humanity?
Am I able to receive
without working for worthiness
allowing my troubled soul to be adored by You,
the One who hears my heartcry?
Can I rest in Your love, and,
letting go of my expectations,
simply allow You to be?
Am I able to believe in You
as you are,
giving you the right of revelation
without interpretations of my own?
And,
can I answer every question with one word;
Grace.

2 Comments:

Blogger story takes time said...

Geoff, that is really profound. Just started to re-read Genesis and the inconsistencies are blatant. The world view of the modernist - which is my educational backgroud - would have me discard it. Faith says get out of the boat. Not walking on water but I am afloat. I (we, husband Martin and I) are looking to a complete change in direction in the very near future and through it all I've realized my concept of God had shrunk. Can't put him in a box can we? And if we try he just wriggles right out and surprises us with contradictions...

9:49 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

The it as very exciting adventure when we let go of all the religious expectations that once crippled our spirituality. Nice to hear from you Yeggy

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home