Monday, May 16, 2011

Faith's response

"What would be your initial response to faith? Would it be a conservative mora,l outlook concerning sexuality, somewhere new to go on a Sunday morning, a developing of a prayer habit, a new book to read and some interesting phrases to repeat...praise the Lord even a puzzling emphasis on giving your money away?
Wouldn't grace expressing itself in compassion, love overwhelming hatred, forgiveness expressing itself towards those we have hurt rather than those who have hurt us, wouldn't this be our expression of faith?
I need faith to live in the burning light of God's love, a love that, by faith, takes up residence in every part of me, not just Sunday, not just my taste in music, prayer, communion and offering. A faith that compells and propells me to live as an outworking of love.
I need faith to change my self-centeredness, faith to see through the crust of mankind's sadnesses to have compassion on the lostness of their hearts. I need faith to face my cross, I need faith to rise in a resurrection of compassion that could express love to all who are waiting for a dawning of hope.
I need faith to believe that I am met by grace incarnate. I need faith to believe I can make a change. I need faith to "see" him whom inspires my "being", who challenges my living, who brings me to respond to the light of all he is and inspires me to be.
Perhaps that could be a Sunday with all the trimmings, however for me it is much more every other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home