Tuesday, March 01, 2011

To those who feel alone

A dear friend of mine is suffering from isolation and rejection.
This is poem is dedicated to all who battle with the dark and the blue.


Alone,
can it be this.
alone?
not the plan.
i've been told,
and preached,
and promised,
and sung.
so why I am here,
so bowed down,
alone
so why am I here,
so lost and alone?

give me your texts,
your verses and books,
give me your scriptures
your words and your songs
your music, your lyrics,
your phrases, your praises
give me eternal,
show me the light

I've tried your incantations,
your phrases and calls,
I've swayed to emotions,
I've heard this and more.

yet here am I,
in spite of all,
why?
why am I?
I'm cast down,
alone.

I know the sweet glib,
the phrase and the stage,
the electric, the swoon,
the mastery of senses.
I know,
yes i've seen it,
I know every line

I've been there
and wondered
I've been there
and failed
one day,
I will see
one day,
I will rise

Yet for all who are waiting,
for all whom are lost,
confused, and forlorn
we are held, we are joined.
for this is my hope,
for this is my joy,
one day, one fine day
one day we will know.

the answers?
I have none,
the Answer has me,
the loneliness
I live there,
the Loneliness
and me.

Alone?
of course now,
the confusion is mine
no difference is made,
eternity awaits.
no pressure,
nor impatience,
no failure
nor fear.
there's time for my loneliness
for me and for you.
there's time,
for eternity,
there's time,
yes there's time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home