Wednesday, February 09, 2011

I'm grey today

I'm grey today,
I'm sad and withdrawn.
My soul feels so heavy
My mind spins and turns
I'm looking for answers
I'm struggling to see
I'm so grey today
My hope hides her face.

Life dances and sings
Life is silent and drawn
Life is so human
That we fight on our own
Yes, I know there are answers,
Don't remind me to see
My ears have been deafened
By the taunting and fear.

I'm grey today
Even though there is light
So bright is it's shining
So deep is the love,
Yet life is more complex
Than the shallowness of words
I'll take time to return
To the surface again.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

After I read this, I was immediately reminded of a this simple, but extraordinarily beautiful piece of theatre. As one person said on my FB page in response, it is like a pentecost prayer. It's simply a piece of dancing red cloth, but so beautifully done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C_40B9m4tI

1:36 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks heaps Leigh, I really appreciate your comments.

11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home