Sunday, January 09, 2011

time and tide


Life, it's highs and it's lows.
Life, the fears, sadnesses, the joys and elations.
Life, it's wists and turns, confronted by unexpected challenges,
Unalterable tragedies.
Yet, we have been joined, a visitation of grace,
A revelation of love,
Divinity, flesh, heart, humanity..not the foreboding of heaven's wrath,
An invitation to participate in a reconciliation that defies our understanding or explanations.
Forgiveness cries out, a wail that transcends all,
everything, from eternity past to eternity beyond the end of time,
Everything is challenged and changed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

HI Geoff
I used this, more or less as a Eucharistic preface that weekend. I hope that's OK - it wasn't printed, just read out by me - and you were acknowledged as the author. Apologies it's taken so long to tell you and that I didn't ask permission in the first place (no time - I only discovered it the night before)!
Thank you for sharing so much.

1:31 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Leigh,
Thank you so much, I am rally honoured. It is a wonderful thing for my songs and my lyrics to be liberated from my custodianship and to be made alive in other hearts.
Bless you heaps.
Geoff.

2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home