Sunday, January 20, 2013

The horizon

I sit in the forest of my fears,
My humanity,
My flesh,
And failures.
I live in the wooded grove
Where mists gather here and there,
The trunks of the giants
Rising from their ghostly blankets.
If I stretch, high as I can,
I can the ocean
As it hides amongst the leaves and branches
There,
Just beyond my gaze
Lies the horizon.
It taunts me
It calls me,
A song
That cries hope to my soul.
Try as I might
My eyes cannot discern the line
Between the eternity of the heavens
and border of the sea.
The horizon is there,
Yes, the eternal
Rising
Above the temporal.
But,
I am not the sea,
I am not
These trees,
And mists,
They will pass away,
Dissolving into yesterday.
I am borne for the horizon,
When I know it not,
I will rise above these boundaries
And fly into beyond all anchors
And borders.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home