Sunday, September 09, 2012

Forgiving

So often we assume that "forgiveness" is all about forgiving someone else's actions, however, I believe that "forgiveness" is much more about seeking forgiveness, being aware of the actions of oneself and pleading to be forgiven. That is a very powerful and liberating act, for both parties. I can forgive my persecutors, but my persecutors seeking forgiveness from me is life changing. Taking it one step further, it is when I see myself as a persecutor that my world begins a journey into transformational grace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a powerful thought. Seeing oneself as a persecutor makes it possible for one to have the guts to forgive.

12:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home