Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Broken faithfullness



"Faith"

Faith...
the frail and broken kind,
the flawed and tattered faith
of humankind.

a failing faith,
a faltering faith
a faith that's weak
a faith that errs
a faith that stumbles
a faith that falls
a faith that has more questions
than it has answers.

There is a faith
that is seen in faithfulness
a faith incarnate
a faith that endures.
This faith
holds and heals,
it 'knows' and feels
it is not reliant
on who I am
what I do
or say.

A faith that lifts me up
when I am marred by life,
a faith that stands beside me
when I am scarred by strife
a faith that shines hope on a
hopeless mess
a faith that doesn't wait
until I confess.

Heaven's hope
faith in the fire
a light in the storm
complete and entire
let me place my trust
in this faith that
finds me
as I was, as I am
and as I will ever be
the all that I am
and the all that I'm not.
I place my frail faith
in the faithfulness of God.

4 Comments:

Blogger KarenKTeachCamb said...

This is beautiful, and will serve as a really beautiful introduction to your song "Have Faith in God" (new words) which I have chosen to conclude our service here in Phnom Penh on Sunday. Thank you for sharing your heart, especially in the rewrites of your songs. They are meaningful to me as I have experienced God's grace in some wonderful ways during the past year. What a wonderful, compassionate, awesome God we serve.

1:29 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Karen, I so appreciate your encouragement.

5:21 pm  
Blogger KarenKTeachCamb said...

The new words to Have Faith In God were really well received, especially by one of my team. We both loved the way the new words put the focus so much more fully on God's grace and mercy and less on our sometimes weak faith. It's wonderful to remember that our salvation isn't dependent on our faith, but on the One in whom we put our faith. He does it all.

8:32 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is so important for me to reflect all that is human not just all that is divine. So often our songs dish up impossibilites leaving the worshipper alienated from a real faith. Thanks for keeping an eye on my blog.
Grace and peace
Geoff.

12:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home