Thursday, May 26, 2011

Faith



"Faith"

Faith...
the frail and broken kind,
the flawed and tattered faith
of humankind.

a failing faith,
a faltering faith
a faith that's weak
a faith that errs
a faith that stumbles
a faith that falls
a faith that has more questions
than it has answers.

There is a faith
that is seen in faithfulness
a faith incarnate
a faith that endures.
This faith
holds and heals,
it 'knows' and feels
it is not reliant
on who I am
what I do
or say.

A faith that lifts me up
when I am marred by life,
a faith that stands beside me
when I am scarred by strife
a faith that shines hope on a
hopeless mess
a faith that doesn't wait
until I confess.

Heaven's hope
faith in the fire
a light in the storm
complete and entire
let me place my trust
in this faith that
finds me
as I was, as I am
and as I will ever be
the all that I am
and the all that I'm not.
I place my frail faith
in the faithfulness of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home