Monday, September 18, 2006

Just let me say


Just let me say how much you love me
Geoff Bullock
Music ©: 1993 Word Music
Words ©: 2004 Geoff Bullock

Verse One:
Just let me say how much you love me
Let me speak of your mercy and grace,
That lets me live in the shadow of your beauty
So I may see you “face to face”.
For the earth should shake
As your word goes forth,
And the heavens should tremble and fall
Yet these words just say: you love me
Oh my saviour, my Lord and friend.

Verse Two:
Just let me hear your finest whispers
As you gently call my name
And let me see your power and your glory
Let me feel your spiritÂ’s flame.
For you have found me in my desert
And this sand is holy ground,
And my brokenness is mended
By you my Lord and friend

Verse Three:
So let me say how much you love me,
As all my hope is found in you
And I am caught in this passion of knowing
This endless love I have in you.
For the depths of grace, the forgiveness found to be called a child of God,
Just makes me say how much I love you
Oh my saviour, my Lord and friend.


Surely, loving a 'deity' comes naturally to almost every soul. We all seek spiritual comfort, and soul peace. Throughout the ages mankind has sought a relationship with the divine. However, the Christmas and Easter stories show us "divinity" in an entirely different light. Christmas shows us a God who goes to the most extraordinary lengths to establish a relationship with mankind. Jesus is "God coming to us". He turns the tables on our seeking. We become the "sought after".
Easter shows us a greater miracle. God forgives the unforgivable. He refuses to respond to every action and deed that mankind inflicted upon him and chooses simply to respond to his own love for mankind by forgiving and gracing us beyond measure.
We spend so much time telling ourselves through our songs, prayers, services and promises how much we love God and all that we will do for him. The miracle of grace lies not in our own action and love for God, but rather His love and actions for all of us broken, frail and failed recipients of grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home