Tuesday, August 09, 2011

A prayer for patience


I am wrestling with faith,
I am struggling with hope.
I wish to believe
but my mind just can't cope.
So many doors that must open
and I know I must wait,
but my heart is impatient
my soul lacks restraint.
tell me where are you hiding
the answer from my mind,
I am brim full of questions
I am anxious inside.
I long for a hand
to sweep cares away,
but this seems so simple
a childish prayer to pray.
my cynicism is waiting
like an actor in the wings
it scowls and it frown
at spiritual things,
yet I hope for transcendence
an anchor, frail faith
I hope for an answer
and I wait for the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lila1 said...

Thank God that even when we forsake Him, He doesn't give up on us. His steadfast love is everlaating!!!

11:59 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment Lila, I really appreciate you spending the time finding my little blog.
Grace and peace,
Geoff

10:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home