Sunday, November 28, 2010

Faith


Faith.

To have faith in God seems to come naturally,

However, when you stop and meditate on this it will only take just a little while to realise how extraordinary this faith is.

I wonder whether it’s not our faith that is at the centre of our belief structure; rather it is the Faith that God imparts to us, a faith that brings hope and peace in the knowledge of God.

Where is my faith?

I have chosen to have faith in a gracious God. I have chosen to believe that God is loving, for he is love, he is merciful for he is mercy, he is accepting for he is acceptance.

Moreover I have chosen to have faith in His work on my behalf, that there is nothing I can do to bring myself into his love, that there is nothing I can do to earn his acceptance, that I am loved, graced and forgiven because of his love for me and not my love for him.

Once upon a time I struggled and strived to have faith, to grow my faith, to strengthen my faith. I tried with all my might to journey alone across the chasm between earth and heaven. I failed. I felt great sorrow, I silently condemned myself. Then, like the dawn of a fresh new day I saw it for what it was. There is nothing I can do to achieve God’s love, my glorious privilege, our glorious privilege is to receive. All my life I had been struggling to achieve what I had already received and as my faith grew in who God is and what he has already done in his love, I was able to leave behind my sad and painful journey and, held and affirmed by his faithfulness, be carried along by his hands of grace.

Faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home